Saturday, April 25, 2015

Showdown at the Beet Corral

Before we even put Lewis and Clark in their carriers to bring them home, I was in love with them.

Nub, sweet nub!
I knew I couldn't give them back. But obviously, I love Bishrito, too. So I was extremely worried whether or not he would accept them.

Damn right I'm wearin' your underpants. Got a problem with that?
Bishrito was 6 years old, a big tough fellow, and cat in charge. Lewis and Clark were 6 months old. If Bish decided he didn't want them around, I knew we'd be in trouble.

I read up on cat introductions and decided to follow The Humane Society's recommendations to the letter. Click here for The Humane Society's great advice.

We made the kittens a comfy starter home in the sun room, and left Bishrito in charge of the rest of the house, separated from the kittens by two big glass doors.

At first, things looked pretty grim.

WHAT the *&%! is THAT!?
Bishrito did a lot of hissing and growling and crab dancing. He broke out all his scary black cat moves.

I cried about it a little, and prayed a lot.

A whole week passed.

And then, just when I thought the kittens would have to live in the sun room forever, Bish began to get curious.

What are they doing in there?
Grady opened up the big doors, and let them make their introductions.

Bishrito made a token show of force, which wholly impressed the kittens.

And that established, everyone got along better than fine.

Yes, they are all boys.
Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Riley will receive it and it should appear on the blog shortly.

Peace to you!
The Beet Ranch Crew